National Drag Racing Association
Pro Doorslammer Event Prize Money Payout
16-car qualified field comprised of the 16 quickest qualified teams.
Note: Payouts based on completing all qualifying passes and will be pro-rated if not all qualifiers are made.
All prize money paid-out is in Canadian Funds.
To be eligible for all contingency sponsor awards requires sponsor decals be applied for the duration of the event.
One (1) decal (total of two (2) per posted product) must be displayed on each outboard side of the vehicle and be clearly visible when viewing the vehicle from a 90 degree angle. Placement of decals on inside rear wing spill plates, deck lids, front or rear valance/bumper are not eligible or considered legal and will not be confirmed by NDRA Officials.
Pro Doorslammer Series Points
|Third –round loser||60|
|5th & 6th||4|
|7th & 8th||3|
|9th thru 12th||2|
|13th and up||1|
|Attendance – 1 qualifying run required||50|
|Entering all NDRA Events*||50|
|All qualifying rounds||50|
|Low E.T. of the event**||3|
|Top speed of the event||3|
*Awarded at final event.
**Car may not exceed the E.T. Cap. Faster MPH will break a tie.
Note: Competitors must pass Technical Inspection to receive all points.
If a tie occurs at the conclusion of the NDRA season, it will be resolved in the following order until tie is broken.
(1) Driver with most rounds won wins tie
(2) Driver with most victories wins tie.
(3) Driver with quickest average of their five best qualifying elapsed-times wins tie.
(4)Driver with quickest average of qualifying speeds wins tie.
NATIONAL DRAG RACING ASSOCIATION Series Rules and Regulations
CLASS: Pro Doorslammer
DESIGNATION: PDS, preceded by car number.
1. Competitors must comply with NHRA & IHRA Top Sportsman / Advance ET Safety Regulations.
2. Competitors must have a current NHRA Competition License for NHRA sanctioned tracks and a current IHRA or NHRA Competition License for IHRA sanctioned tracks.
3. Competitors must have a valid Chassis Certification that complies with NHRA minimum at NHRA sanction tracks and a NHRA or IHRA for IHRA sanction tracks.
4. All Teams participating with the Series will be subject to a Mandatory Technical/Safety inspection at each event prior to entering competition.
5. Nitromethane fuel prohibited.
6. Mandatory oil retention device and head and neck restraint required on all entries.
7. Pro Doorslammer class will accommodate all door type cars currently running in Pro Modified, Top Sportsman and Super Street/10.5 classes and will be limited to a 6.50 E.T. cap in the quarter-mile and a 4.25 E.T. cap in the eight-mile.
8. Series will compete on a 16-Car Sportsman Ladder. If there are less than 16 entries, a modified all-run sportsman ladder will be used.
9. Qualifying will consist of three sessions on a two-day event and two sessions on a one-day event.
10. Qualifiers will run side-by-side or at the discretion of NDRA Officials. No Single runs unless license runs. Lane designation subject to change on un-even number of cars at the Track Race Directors discretion.
11. In a 16-car field, running quicker than the E.T. cap in qualifying will put you at the bottom of the qualified order, not disqualify you.
12. When there are more than 16 entries, any car running quicker than the E.T. cap will be considered a non-qualifier. If any car, prior to the formation of the 16-car eliminations ladder is broke, and will not be able to race in eliminations, the non- qualifiers that did not run quicker than the E.T. cap will be inserted into the number 16 spot first, from the quickest to the slowest . If the field is not filled, then the remaining non – qualifiers that ran quicker than the E.T. cap will be inserted from the slowest to fastest if needed. First-round points and prize money will be awarded to the original qualified car. Alternate car will not be award first-round points, but is eligible to collect points if the driver advances past first-round and all prize money minus the amount paid to the original first-round qualifier.
13. When there is less than a 16-car field. We will use an All-Run modified sportsman ladder. First round winners unable to make the second round for car fields of 9-10-13-14 can be replaced by the fastest first round losers to eliminate a bye run in round-two. The original qualified broken round –one car will be paid all money and points earned up to round-one. The substituted car will be paid all money and points earned after round-one.
14. Running quicker than the E.T. cap in eliminations will disqualify you from further competition for the event.
15. The possibility exists that the Director of Competition will find it necessary to alter the run format in order to improve the race program. Teams involved will be consulted. The Directors decision will be final.
16. Top points cars have choice on run order and lane choice in round one of qualifying. In subsequent rounds, run order is slowest to fastest based on previous E.T. Lane assignment will be opposite of previous run.
17. In first-round eliminations, run order and lane choice is given to low E.T qualifiers. In subsequent rounds, the run order and lane choice will go to the driver with the lower E.T. from the previous round.
18. The use of a throttle stop timer box to control the throttle opening or closing during the run is prohibited.
19. A launch control or two-step is allowed on the starting line to stage and launch the vehicle.
20. All cars are not to be started or proceed to the burnout box until directed by a NDRA Official.
21. In the event the race is postponed due to weather or conditions beyond our control prior to the start of eliminations, and the event has been rescheduled for another date, the competitor and qualified car must be in attendance to be eligible for all prize monies and points awards.
22. If the event is cancelled due to rainout and will not be rescheduled and qualifying has been completed, all competitors will be paid per number of qualifying runs made.
23. All tow vehicles from both competitors must be removed from starting line area prior to any cars proceeding to the burnout box area.
24. To earn series, bonus points and cash awards, competitor must stage and launch car under-power.
25. Series will compete on a .400-second Pro Tree.
26. Competitors and crew-members must sign the Insurance Waiver before competing in competition.
General – Race Regulations
1. Competitors must prominently display the NDRA and Series Class Sponsors decals on race car.
2. Teams must supply NDRA a complete list of crewmembers one week prior to a series event.
3. Series Officials will control restricted access areas. Teams will be issued Series Identification Cards that MUST be worn and displayed in plain view for Track and NDRA Officials while in the staging and starting line areas, and may be required to show them along with proper identification upon entry to race venue. ID cards are to be worn only by team members that they were issued.
4. Only authorized vehicles with a valid NDRA Pit tag decal displayed in the upper foremost right side of the windshield area will be permitted in the staging and starting line areas. All pit vehicles including golf carts, four wheelers and mini-bikes etc. must be operated in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
5. Any driver and/or pit crew-member during competition found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs regardless of the amount, will be removed from the event and this shall be considered sufficient cause for suspension from any membership in the National Drag Racing Association (NDRA), with the possibility of cancellation of their competition privileges issued by the sanctioning body.
6. Members are to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while participating at any NDRA scheduled events. Any team and their crewmember whose conduct or behavior discredits or disrupts race operations, participants and the general public will be ejected from the venue at the sole discretion of NDRA and track officials.
7. NDRA recommends all teams keep with a professional dress code.
8. The NDRA Race Director’s decision shall be final. NDRA reserves the right to postpone, reschedule or cancel any race for any reason.
9. At all events, the tracks are required to supply an Ambulance and EMS Emergency Medical Service Paramedics(s) along with Safety and Fire and Rescue Personal.
All series rules and regulations are subject to change at the discretion of NDRA Officials.